Thursday, December 11

Christmas



 Christmas is a special time of the year for me, it's when I see all of my cousins that I unfortunately don''t get the chance to see every day. It's the time of the year you really appreciate family.
This might sound odd to some of you but in my family we celebrate Christmas on the eve so the most important day is the 24, that's when the whole family has dinner, stays up until midnight and then we open the presents, So it's more about being together than it is about the presents, my family believes Christmas is about the birth of Jesus than it is about Santa. It's extremely fun to stay awake and just chat with everyone and maybe watch a bit of Home Alone or a few Harry Potter movies.


  That's another thing that I associate with Christmas Home Alone, Harry Potter and The Lord Of The Rings, this is due to the fact that a tv channel here used to play the first Harry Potter film around midnight between the 24 and the 25 so I have a lot of memories of me and my cousins sitting around the tv opening and play with our new toys while watching it, the Lord Of The Rings is a bit different on the 25 they usually play one of the movies and my dad is a big fan of the saga so one Christmas I stayed up with him and we watched all 3 hours of it, so now nothing makes me feel more in Christmas spirit than watching a Lord Of The Rings movie, so I do it every year. ahah I know it's weird.

  The food!! My gramma prouds herself on having a table full of food, you never leave the table feeling hungry NEVER!! We don't have turkey, usually we have roasted lamb and roasted cod (Portuguese people do love a good bit of cod ahah), I'm super picky I don't like loads of stuff so my gramma being the lovely gramma that she is, she let's me eat steak instead. We have LOADS of sweets but most of them I'm not a fan which sucks but there is always something I like.

  Buying the presents is fun but also stressful because my aunts usually say they will buy them but then the 20th of December arrives and they didn't buy anything so on the 23th usually me and my mom are still Christmas shopping, which is horrible because a lot of people wait until the last minute to buy everything so the shops are always packed and most of the good presents are gone or they don't have the size we want so its a huge mess but we always end up pulling trough. This year I convinced my mom to start buying the Christmas presents earlier, right now on the 11th of December we are only missing one present that we are going to buy today! The best part of the presents is to see if they like it the face they make when they like it is the best present of all, usually I'm the one who pick every single present so I love to see their reactions.



  This is just a bit of what Christmas is like for me, since is just about one part of my family, my mothers side.
  What's Christmas like for you guys?

Bye xx

Love Life

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Loving The New Life